Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/11/17 03:25:12 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/flood configure.in

On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 01:57:38AM -0000, aaron@apache.org wrote:
> aaron       01/11/16 17:57:38
>
>   Modified:    flood    configure.in
>   Log:
>   I didn't mean to get rid of the EXTRA_* macros that are substututed
>   directly into the Makefile.
>
>   Also, sometimes gcc (eg. linux) needs -rpath the same way solaris
>   does -R. This seems to work here, but I still think there's got to
>   be a better way.

See how we do it in APR/httpd.  There is a special variable that may
be defined at config time that is the special linkpath (i.e. -R or
-rpath).  -- justin

Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/flood configure.in

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 06:25:12PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> See how we do it in APR/httpd.  There is a special variable that may
> be defined at config time that is the special linkpath (i.e. -R or
> -rpath).  -- justin

The only place I see this happening is in apr/build/ltconfig, with
the hardcode_libdir_flag_spec variable.

I think I just realized that -R and -rpath are both translated properly
for the platform you're on. Lemme give that a try. (duh)

-aaron