Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 08:56:23 UTC

Simple Ease of Use

Can I suggest we change the default message receivers to be the RPC ones?

That way I could just have this as my default services.xml:

<service name="AddressBookService" scope="application">
    <description>
        POJO: AddressBook Service
    </description>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">sample.addressbook.service.AddressBookService</parameter>

</service>

Which would be sweet. Since I don't think anyone ever uses the
defaults now, I think we could change this without breaking anyone.

Also I'd love to rename from RPCXXXMessageReceiver to
POJOXXXMessageReceiveer, which would be so much clearer.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Simple Ease of Use

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Paul ;

> Can I suggest we change the default message receivers to be the RPC ones?

+1 , and it is good idea to do,  other thing is a RPC MR can handle
OMElement case as well so switching to RPC is good idea.

> That way I could just have this as my default services.xml:
>
> <service name="AddressBookService" scope="application">
>    <description>
>        POJO: AddressBook Service
>    </description>
>    <parameter name="ServiceClass"
> locked="false">sample.addressbook.service.AddressBookService</parameter>
>
> </service>
>
> Which would be sweet. Since I don't think anyone ever uses the
> defaults now, I think we could change this without breaking anyone.
>
> Also I'd love to rename from RPCXXXMessageReceiver to
> POJOXXXMessageReceiveer, which would be so much clearer.
>
> Paul

Deepal