Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY)" <vi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2007/04/12 18:41:35 UTC

Message Priority Question

Hi,

I am wondering if it's possible to change a Message priority. I know
it's a JMS provider specific property, but can we change the priority of
a message even by JMX interface (or somehow)? And if its possible then
what will be the impact on a message which will have higher priority
then other messages in the Queue/Topic.

Thanks!

Vik

Re: Message Priority Question

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/12/07, Dhawan, Vikram (LNG-DAY) <vi...@lexisnexis.com> wrote:
> Thanks James,
>
> And is it actually going to affect the processing order of a high
> priority messages, in reference to the lower priority messages? i.e.
> higher priority messages will be given to the consumers first.

We don't currently support message reordering based on priorities; we
recommend using selectors for fine grained priority traffic shaping

--

James
-------

RE: Message Priority Question

You can set the priority on a message using the MessageProducer API

Once you've sent a message you can't update it; you can pull a message
off a queue and send it back on again if you want

--

James
-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.