Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2004/04/17 11:38:42 UTC

using wsrp in portlet based portal

Hi,

    I'd like to know what it would take to use wsrp4j in our own portlet
based portal, GridSphere, available at www.gridsphere.org. We our now
JSR 168 compliant and have implemented our own implementation of the
spec. I would rather not have to implement wsrp spec as well and would
like to use wsrp4j. In the source code, I see lots of files pertaining
to Pluto, and I wonder what I have to do to support our portal-- is this
supported/documented anywhere, or is it pretty much glued to Pluto?

    Thanks, Jason

Re: using wsrp in portlet based portal

Posted by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de>.
Hi Julie,

    Thanks very much for your clarifications. I suppose with GridSphere
we would like to be a consumer so I imagine I would have to look at the
sample consumer code you have (the Swing client) to see how thats done.
Not knowing too much about the technical details, I assume I would
create a special portlet on our side that uses the sample consumer code
to act as a proxy for the remote portlets-- does this sound right?
    I'm also interested in what is the minimum work needed to show
integration. For instance is there a demo WSRP deployment somewhere
providing services I can invoke to get portlet markup, etc to display as
a sample for our project? Who else is using WSRP4J now anyway?

    Thanks, Jason

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.

--
Julie MacNaught