Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by karandravs <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 13:09:55 UTC

Using data import handler to clean up db

Hi,

I am using a mysql db to store all my data. I had finished configuring my
data import handler to get data into solr and then realized about taking
care of deletes.
This is what i did to handle delete
    1) a mysql table 'DeletedContentMapping' with deleted id's
    2) deletedPkQuery - to fetch all id's from that table.

The problem i face now is it to remove data from 'DeletedContentMapping'
table. I used postImportDeleteQuery to issue a delete but it doesn't seem to
work.

I know a better solution would be to add a time stamp field to
'DeletedContentMapping' table but it is not possible as tables cannot be
changed.

Thanks for the replies in advance.