Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by INOUE Seiichiro <in...@ariel-networks.com> on 2002/07/10 11:34:02 UTC

apr_connect()[/network_io/win32/sockets.c] patch

Hi,

I have a fix for non-blocking apr_connect() on Windows.
Though sock->timeout is millisecond, it is treated as microsecond.
Please see the attached patch.

The credit goes to TANAKA Koichi <ta...@ariel-networks.com>, who found and fixed it.
Thanks.

- INOUE Seiichiro <in...@ariel-networks.com>
  http://www.ariel-networks.com

Re: apr_connect()[/network_io/win32/sockets.c] patch

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 04:34 AM 7/10/2002, INOUE Seiichiro wrote:

Thank you for submitting the patch.  We took a slightly different approach,
since some unix common and accessor code rightly [but incorrectly]
assumed that timeout was in usec.

Instead we've reverted to the APR definition of usec's for timeout, and
added a timeout_ms just for millisecond tracking.

Your identification of this problem is very much appreciated, I've credited
Tanaka as the discoverer of this bug in APR's CREDITS.

Yours,

Bill