Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ryan Marsh <me...@ryanmarsh.com> on 2001/02/07 00:24:32 UTC

Congrats & Question

Congratulations to all the contributors on a great job! I'm really impressed
with Batik.

Disclaimer: I have RTFM.
Now for my questions. I need a simple interface for drawing vector graphics
and interacting with them. I understand that the Scripting and Animation
isn't the furthest along in Batik but I was wondering:

1.) Can I make changes to an SVG document or some DOM and have it
dynamically update the visible graphic in Batik's current state? (OPT: If
not how should I approach this problem?)

I saw a property related to dynamic updates related to one of the classes
for drawing but I wasn't sure if I was taking the right path. I read up on
GVT and I guessed that is what I would use. I started looking into
JSVGCanvas which it looks like I'm going to need to extend for my purposes.

2.) Can JSVGCanvas or SVG elements accept events such as mouse clicks in
Batik's current state?

I'd like to respond to certain events with Java code in my application (I'd
prefer not to use any scripting).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-ryan

The three great virtues of programming are laziness, impatience, and hubris,
but bigotry makes the open-source world go round.