Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/08 14:00:16 UTC

Components Matrix documentation

I find the Components Matrix page
(http://servicemix.apache.org/component-matrix.html) extremely useful.
Unfortunately, it is currently only available from the SiteMap and is
outdated. To fix these two problems, I would suggest the "Components List"
page (http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/components-list.html) at least be updated
to include a link to the "Components Matrix" page. In addition, the
"Components Matrix" table needs to be updated to remove obsolete components
(like servicemix-sca) and add missing components (like servicemix-drools,
servicemix-cxf-*, servicemix-bean, etc.) I would also suggest the deprecated
lw-container components be listed in a separate table from the current JBI
components.

Thoughts?

- Ron

Re: Components Matrix documentation

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:00 PM, rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I find the Components Matrix page
>  (http://servicemix.apache.org/component-matrix.html) extremely useful.
>  Unfortunately, it is currently only available from the SiteMap and is
>  outdated. To fix these two problems, I would suggest the "Components List"
>  page (http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/components-list.html) at least be updated
>  to include a link to the "Components Matrix" page. In addition, the
>  "Components Matrix" table needs to be updated to remove obsolete components
>  (like servicemix-sca) and add missing components (like servicemix-drools,
>  servicemix-cxf-*, servicemix-bean, etc.) I would also suggest the deprecated
>  lw-container components be listed in a separate table from the current JBI
>  components.
>
>  Thoughts?

Great suggestions, Ron. Unfortunately, over time, the component matrix
page has just simply fallen out of date and needs to be updated.

FWIW, anyone can edit the wiki and contribute to the documentation.
The only requirement is that you file an ICLA document first:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

Once the ICLA is recognized by the ASF, then we can offer you write
privileges to the wiki and you can edit away :-).

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/