Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2008/01/31 18:33:25 UTC

[tomahawk] oamSubmitForm causes parse error

I am using myFaces in combination with ajax4jsf (or richfaces) and tried
to use the Nekko Parser (or Neko?) in the richfaces filter to achieve
better performance.

Some tomahawk javascript code makes now trouble:

The parser says:

error[18:11:35,796]: Parse Error: XML Parsing Error: A name was started
with an invalid character.Location:

Line Number 82, Column 36:

if((typeof target!='undefined') && target != null)

   ------------------------------------^

This line is part of the function oamSubmitForm.

Any ideas or patches available?

My environment:

myFaces 1.1.5

tomahawk snapshot 1.1.5

richfaces 3.1.4

Michael

RE: [tomahawk] oamSubmitForm causes parse error

Posted by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com>.
The problem is the missing CDATA around the script tag content.

TIDY  HTML parser adds automatically following block:

 //<![CDATA[  ........  ////]]>

Shouldn't this be standard if javascript is used inside?

Otherwise it is only useable in ajax responses with very strict parsers
like TIDY.

I think there were also some other threads in the past regarding the
missing CDATA statements.

Michael

No ideas, no patches. Is it the & which is not liked by the parser?

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [tomahawk] oamSubmitForm causes parse error

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.