Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Zdravko Gligic <zg...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/14 17:41:29 UTC

Denial of Service Attacks

Hi Folks,

I am working on an ethnic community app, which may end up being prone
to DoS attacks.

According to this (below) Google App Engine FAQ, they may reimburse
charges that are DoS related - which I find so nice and to point of
being hard to believe.  So, if true, is there any way of "hiding"
my.cloudant.com and/or my.iriscouch.com site behind GAE but *without*
sending all of the data back trough GAE and causing doubling up of
bandwidth charges (from Couch hosting and from GAE) ?

Here is the link http://code.google.com/appengine/kb/billing.html#dos
Here is the related FAQ entry:

What are my options if my application experienced a Denial of Service
(DoS) attack?

If you believe your application has been the target of a denial of
service attack, please contact our support team and include a snippet
of your request logs that corroborates this, along with an explanation
of why this activity indicates an attack. You may be issued a credit
for the service for this period of time.
To access your logs, you can use our log export tool. Note that only
the most recent 90 days of requests logs will be available for
download, so it's important to file your grievance soon after the
incident.

Thanks again,
Zdravko