Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Utku Can Topçu <ut...@topcu.gen.tr> on 2010/12/31 13:05:37 UTC

Hadoop Integration doesn't work when one node is down

Hi All,

When I start the CFInputFormat to read a CF in a keyspace of RF=3 on a
4-node cluster:
- If all the nodes are all up, everything works fine and I don't have any
problems walking through the all data in the CF, however
- If there's a node down, the hadoop job does not even start, just dies
without any errors or exceptions.

Is this a bug or feature or a misuse?

I'm just using the same directives in the sample code.

Regards,
Utku

Re: Hadoop Integration doesn't work when one node is down

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Utku Can Topçu <ut...@topcu.gen.tr>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Can you create one?

Posted by mck <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Utku Can Topçu <ut...@topcu.gen.tr>.
Oops, I've forgotten to tell I'm using the  0.7-rc2 branch with some patches
that has nothing to do with hadoop.