Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/10 12:38:03 UTC

Draft Board Report for Jul 2017

The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
Wednesday, Jul 12 . Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
I plan to submit on the 12th.

Mike

----------------------

 - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust,
   scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
   access control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on
   Google's BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop,
   Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
 - Since the last report, there has been a focus on documentation clean up
   and paying down some technical debt in our integration test suite.

## Health report:
 - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
   JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 29 PMC members.
 - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.  We have invited a long
time
   contributor to become both a committer and PMC member.
 - Last PMC addition was Mike Walch on Wed Nov 02 2016.

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 29 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Mike Walch at Thu Nov 03 2016

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@accumulo.apache.org:

 - notifications@accumulo.apache.org:
    - 63 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

 - user@accumulo.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: Draft Board Report for Jul 2017

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Since the individual has now responded positively, having proceeded with
the next steps of filing the ICLA as per the invitation instructions, we
can probably say they've accepted and that we're completing the next steps.

By the time the board receives this report, all the next steps will
probably be done, too. But, we don't want to get ahead of ourselves.
Anything that doesn't make it on this board report can be added to the next
one. We can always say on the next one something like "Completed the
process of adding new committer/PMC member, mentioned on previous report as
having accepted our invitation."

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.