Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jimi <ji...@mogul.com> on 2010/04/28 12:11:55 UTC

Re: Wicket + security, what are the best options? Spring Security reached almost all the way...

Thanks for the link. I've already looked at that page and besides the fact
that alot of the xml/code is missing in the beginning (like web.xml) I was
shocked by the amount of boilerplate code needed to get the wicket side
working.

That tells me that either
1) people actually copy-paste all this boilerplate code and maybe do minor
modifications for their project
2) people use this code as a guide, and write a lot of the implementation
them selfs
3) there is some easier (but undocumented) way to use wicket auth-roles (or
WASP/SWARM or wicket-shiro), with way less boilerplate code needed. Maybe .
4) people use some other framework

1 and 2 seems just plain wrong, the way I see it. If 3 or 4 is the case I
would love to hear about it from someone.

/Jimi