Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/19 15:46:18 UTC

Re: ...need a volunteer to help complete the translation

On 8/25/12 10:25 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Forwarding Juergen's answer (below) to Mi Duke, please remember to CC Mi
> Duke explicitly.
>
> (I still don't understand why I see 100% while others see 98%... but
> this can be clarified when the ko PO files are sent to Mi Duke).
>
> Leaving Juergen's answer below.
>
> On 24/08/2012 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>> This note arrived last week but I realized only now the context.
>>>
>>> Mi Duke is willing to help with the Korean translation (thanks!).
>>> Normally Juergen would send the PO files to the volunteer. I may
>>> retrieve them from Pootle and send them too, but I'd need to know why
>>> https://translate.apache.org/ko/OOo/ is showing Korean as 100%
>>> translated: could it be that the Pootle content for Korean needs to be
>>> updated?
>> the status is correct and only minor changes are necessary. I think we
>> have no time pressure right now and we will include Korean in the next
>> release.
>>
>> The translation is 98% but our criteria was that we only release
>> languages where we have volunteers who want help with the translation
>> and request a translated version. It is important that we have a healthy
>> translation community. I think the only exception right now is Arabic
>> and we have to work on this in the future otherwise we have to skip this
>> version.
>>
>> @Mi Duke: welcome at Apache and please excuse that we haven't replied
>> earlier. But we were in the final steps towards the 3.4.1 release and I
>> have overseen your email. Sorry for that. I will be on vacation for one
>> week and will send you the po files afterwards if that is ok. And feel
>> free to ping again on the list if you won't get an reply from me.
>>
>> Kind regrads
>>
>> Juergen
>>
>> PS: everybody else can ping as well on this in 1 week ;-)
>>

>>> (please CC Mi Duke when replying)

Hi,

first of all sorry that it took so long but now I was able to prepare
the po files. You can find the whole package (UI + help) under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/aoo341_ko_po_files.tar.bz2

Please let me know if you need something else.

I will work on the Pootle issues over the next days/weeks and we can
hopefully make use of the Pootle server in a better way in the future.

Thanks again for your help

Juergen