Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/06/08 16:02:30 UTC

Homepage still showing 1 million downloads in sidebar ...

FYI, <http://www.openoffice.org/> shows the following text in the right sidebar:

        Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Blows Past 1M Downloads

    After last week's release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4, the project is pleased to note the strong
    positive reception by users and the press. Apache OpenOffice 3.4 has been downloaded over one
    million times! <http://www.openoffice.org/news/aoo34-1M.html>

As there are more than 3M by now, this text should either get removed (replaced by another
up-to-date news item) or constantly updated.

---rony

Re: Homepage still showing 1 million downloads in sidebar ...

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:59 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)
> <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>> FYI, <http://www.openoffice.org/> shows the following text in the right sidebar:
>>

>>        Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Blows Past 1M Downloads
>>
>>    After last week's release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4, the project is pleased to note the strong
>>    positive reception by users and the press. Apache OpenOffice 3.4 has been downloaded over one
>>    million times! <http://www.openoffice.org/news/aoo34-1M.html>
>>
>> As there are more than 3M by now, this text should either get removed (replaced by another
>> up-to-date news item) or constantly updated.
>>

> I've updated.
>
> I've been hacking at some python automation around extracting the
> stats from SourceForge and updating counts and charts automatically.
> Almost there.  Dave was also looking into this from the cron
> perspective.

And Dave has had very little time. Sorry. I've just been handed manager duties and ... I'm going to need to find some time.

Thanks for the reminder.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)
> <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> > FYI, <http://www.openoffice.org/> shows the following text in the right
> sidebar:
> >

> >        Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Blows Past 1M Downloads
> >
> >    After last week's release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4, the project is
> pleased to note the strong
> >    positive reception by users and the press. Apache OpenOffice 3.4 has
> been downloaded over one
> >    million times! <http://www.openoffice.org/news/aoo34-1M.html>
> >
> > As there are more than 3M by now, this text should either get removed
> (replaced by another
> > up-to-date news item) or constantly updated.
> >

> I've updated.
>
> I've been hacking at some python automation around extracting the
> stats from SourceForge and updating counts and charts automatically.
> Almost there.  Dave was also looking into this from the cron
> perspective.
>
> -Rob

cool! Nice to see this display...

> > ---rony

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
      if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
             -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"

Re: Homepage still showing 1 million downloads in sidebar ...

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.