Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/01 07:32:24 UTC

Ant build properties - obj folder

Hi Adrian,
   You have used ${basedir}/../../../obj in many places of the build properties files.
1. Why not use just ${basedir}/obj in place of that?
2. ${basedir}/../../../obj appear at many places. Can we define a new variable (say dir.objdir)
and reuse that in place of ${basedir}/../../../obj?

I am asking for above, because while I try to run the ant build on my system, I ran into
permission problems.

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Ant build properties - obj folder

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
when something similar to ${basedir}/../ is used in the ant scripts it
refers to a location outside the Axis folder structure, doesn't it (assuming
the build file is in ws-axis/c)? I would also like it if we can use folders
within the Axis folder structure, say for binaries, objectfiles, wsdl2ws.jar
etc. It is ensured that such folders always exist in a CVS checkout and no
user has to create new folders outside of the Axis folder structure nor will
anyone need set unnecessary permissions.

what do you think?

sanjaya.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
I also agree with Samisa.  I had problems with ../../../.  I think it
should be in the Axis directory, which would require the creation, I
believe of /obj and /zips directories. If we cannot create these
directories, then a config variable would be appropriate.

Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>
11/01/2004 12:32 AM
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C Developers List"