Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <Un...@hippo.nl> on 2001/11/22 14:39:13 UTC

Accessing Resource properties via JNDI

Hello,

I would like to access custom properties of slide resources within my
servlet. My first guess was to use the SlideDirContext JNDI wrapper for
this. However looking at the code it doesn't seem to put all the properties
of a Node into the ResourceAttributes. For instance if would have an author
attribute on a node it doesn't seem to be available in the
ResourceAttributes. My question is why this is so and if it is good idea to
extend the functionality of the SlideDirContext to provide for this.

Regards,
Unico

Re: Accessing Resource properties via JNDI

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>
> I would like to access custom properties of slide resources within my
> servlet. My first guess was to use the SlideDirContext JNDI wrapper for
> this. However looking at the code it doesn't seem to put all the
properties
> of a Node into the ResourceAttributes. For instance if would have an
author
> attribute on a node it doesn't seem to be available in the
> ResourceAttributes. My question is why this is so and if it is good idea
> extend the functionality of the SlideDirContext to provide for this.

At the moment, the directory context implements only what Catalina needs,
and nothing more. It could be extended to expose custom properties (by using
the external attributes of ResourceAttributes), and even allow write access
(but probably with a few limitations).

If you manage to do it, and you can contribute a patch, that would be great.

Remy