Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/11/06 09:45:23 UTC

[Discussion] - Camel 1.5.1 - What should we add and what not

Hi

There has been great activity on the Camel after the 1.5 release - really great.

But I am wondering if we should push so many of the new features as well into Camel 1.5.1?

Do we want to keep maintaining all the new features and code in the 1.x branch as well? I would like to reconsider what we add to 1.5. Keeping it for must have features and bug fixes would be more correct IMHO.

We should also have the 1.5.1 and 2.0 release "work in progress" pages as well, so we remember to update on the way. I will add them right now.

And please also take the 15 min. to add/modify the wiki documentation as well. Would be lovely with a checkbox in JIRA you could tick off when you have fixed the wiki documentation as well ;) Sorry I am just pushing for documentation as well, as it is a must have to keep the learning curve lower and motivate new users to use Camel.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

Re: [Discussion] - Camel 1.5.1 - What should we add and what not

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great guys. The less time we have to spend maintaining fixes
branches, the better.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: [Discussion] - Camel 1.5.1 - What should we add and what not

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, that's not a problem.  There's gonna be a big api change anyway.
What I think is also important is fixing the dependencies (remove the
circular deps), this will allow us to move forward with a cleaner api.

Hadrian

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It sounds good.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: [Discussion] - Camel 1.5.1 - What should we add and what not

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good!

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

RE: [Discussion] - Camel 1.5.1 - What should we add and what not

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James