Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Bullotta <Ri...@lighthammer.com> on 2005/06/01 22:01:04 UTC

Non-progressive JPEG rendering from transcoders

We're trying to feed SVG rendered server-side as JPEG to Flash (via
Flex), and this requires non-progressive JPEGs.  It seems as if the
transcoder generates progressive JPEGs.  Any suggestions/thoughts?

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer Software
www.lighthammer.com

Re: Non-progressive JPEG rendering from transcoders

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Rick Bullotta wrote:
> We’re trying to feed SVG rendered server-side as JPEG to Flash (via
> Flex), and this requires non-progressive JPEGs.  It seems as if the
> transcoder generates progressive JPEGs.  Any suggestions/thoughts?

    Batik doesn't generate progressive JPEGS.  I don't know anything
about Flash but you may have it backward Flash may _require_ progressive
JPEG's.  You might look at the Java Image I/O framework it may allow
you to generate a progressive JPEG (assuming that it is needed).