Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ja...@execpc.com on 1997/05/16 22:23:14 UTC

Any way around this?

Not sure if this is an Apache or an HTML issue, but here goes...

We've got an image map that's supposed to jump down the page to particular
anchors, depending on where they clicked, of course.  This works fine when
it's defined client-side, but when it's server side, the #s in the map file
are being treated as a comment, instead of an anchor.

Some of the things we've tried thus far...

rect #Milwaukee 42,30 61,65
rect \#Waukesha 10,30 42,65
rect %23RacineKenosha 28,65,69,99

The first one just acts as a comment, the second and third ones want a file
that begins with a literal '#'...

I could have the rect's URL go to an .asis which sends it along back to the
right spot, but that's a bit messy...

--
Jake Buchholz                                      http://www.execpc.com/~jake
Exec-PC Internet Systems Administrator                         jake@execpc.com

Re: Any way around this?

Posted by Ed Korthof <ed...@organic.com>.
Try using

base referer
rect #Milwaukee 42,30 61,65

I'm not in a place where I can test this myself, but I think it should
work.

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --