Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rohit Rai <ro...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/08/24 10:44:17 UTC

[Proposal] - Use checkbox/Multiple select boxes instead of multiple select drop downs.

Hello Devs,

In a few forms, I found an unusual UI for the multiple select drop-down.
Consider, for instance, "Cust Request Type Id" in FindRequest form in the
Order component.

As you select a value from the drop-down, the selected value with a
"remove" label appears below the field. As multiple fields are allowed to
be selected, the labels add up to the screen and degrade the UI of the
form. To simplify this UI, I can think of two options, either using a
checkbox or multiple select boxes. I propose to use a checkbox or multiple
select boxes instead of the current UI.

I tried to find a similar thread, but couldn't. So starting this new one. I
would appreciate hearing communities thoughts over this.

Reference link,
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ordermgr/control/FindRequest

Rohit Rai
www.hotwaxsystems.com

Re: [Proposal] - Use checkbox/Multiple select boxes instead of multiple select drop downs.

Posted by Devanshu Vyas <vy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques for the links and info, I will take a look at the
conversations.
But in the first look, I agree with what Rohit is proposing here. I checked
the FindRequest page and the User Experience(UX) is not that great. And we
can definitely look and find places where such UX is implemented, so we can
fix/change it.
I will also keep an eye on such UX.

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Vyas.