Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michi Marchetti <mi...@gmx.net> on 2006/03/20 18:59:20 UTC

using FileGenerator inside Tomcat without http

I am working with Cocoon and another servlet which provides XML- source for
my FileGenerator. Both Servlets, the Cocoon Servlet and the other Servlet
are running in the same Tomcat. I can contact the other Servlet over http in
FileGenerator's src- Attribute

 <map:generate type="file" src="http://otherServlet..."/>

 that works fine.

But since both Servlets are running on the same Tomcat I wanted to ask if it
is possible to do the same without using http (some kind of internal
request?) Both Servlets are running on the same system, there would be no
need to go "out in the wide world" and come back....

Re: using FileGenerator inside Tomcat without http

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Michi Marchetti wrote:

>I am working with Cocoon and another servlet which provides XML- source for
>my FileGenerator. Both Servlets, the Cocoon Servlet and the other Servlet
>are running in the same Tomcat. I can contact the other Servlet over http in
>FileGenerator's src- Attribute
>
> <map:generate type="file" src="http://otherServlet..."/>
>
> that works fine.
>
>But since both Servlets are running on the same Tomcat I wanted to ask if it
>is possible to do the same without using http (some kind of internal
>request?) Both Servlets are running on the same system, there would be no
>need to go "out in the wide world" and come back....

You can use your localhost address for that:

http://localhost..../my2ndServlet

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

P.S: No sure if this an obvious answer, but, anyway, I post it....  ;-)
       Please let me know if this is not he expected answer to your
question.