Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sameer Agarwal <sa...@apache.org> on 2018/02/28 22:18:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.3.0

Hi all,

Apache Spark 2.3.0 is the fourth major release in the 2.x line. This
release adds support for continuous processing in structured streaming
along with a brand new Kubernetes scheduler backend. Other major updates
include the new data source and structured streaming v2 APIs, a standard
image schema and built-in support for reading images, better custom
Transformer support in Python and a number of PySpark performance
enhancements. In addition, this release continues to focus on usability,
stability, and polish while resolving around 1400 tickets.

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and
early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible
without you.

To download Spark 2.3.0, head over to the download page:
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

To view the release notes:
https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-3-0.html

Regards,
Sameer

PS: If you see any issues with the release notes, webpage or published
artifacts, please contact me directly off-list