Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eric Persson <er...@persson.tm> on 2005/07/04 21:43:49 UTC

post-filter messages?

Hi,

I just installed spamassassin together with qmail, qmail-scanner and
clam on a server to try it out. I am planning on using it to filter spam
and then forward the mail to the "real mailserver". This seems to work
fine so far, I've set it up with the sqlstuff described at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL

However, I miss some things, like a some way to perform actions based on
the spamscore, I've read in the faq that spamassassin does not to that
sort of things, but what tool would anyone recommend in this setup?

I guess I'm really looking for some sort of post-filter stuff to achieve
this, but havent really found anything like it, yet. :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
	Eric

Re: sendmail.mc entry for "spamc" milter

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com> wrote on 07/05/2005 02:13:01
PM:

> My error...I meant to say the milter-spamc v 0.25
>

> On Jul 5, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Andy Jezierski wrote:
>

> > Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com> wrote on 07/05/2005
> > 10:22:45 AM:
> >
> >  > In my initial foray into Spamassassin (2.63 to start, V3 later), I
> > am
> >  > trying to get the spamc component linking sendmail and spamd to
> > work. I
> >  > have verified that the spamc->spamd  is working by running it
> > manually
> >  > on the command line. I have sendmail compiled with -DMILTER, but I
> > seem
> >  > to be having a problem getting sendmail to "startup" spamc when
> > needed.
> >  >
> >  > Does anyone have a sample INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line from their
> > 'working'
> >  > sendmail config file(sendmail.mc) so I can check the syntax I am
> > using?
> >  > I was planning on using a unix socket file since I have that
> > currently
> >  > working from the command line.
> >  >

> > Which milter are you trying to use?  Spamc itself is not a milter.
> >
> > Andy

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-spamc',`S=local:/var/spool/milter-spamc/socket,
T=C:4m;S:30s;R:4m;E:4m')dnl

Andy

Re: sendmail.mc entry for "spamc" milter

Posted by Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com>.
My error...I meant to say the milter-spamc v 0.25

On Jul 5, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Andy Jezierski wrote:

> Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com> wrote on 07/05/2005
> 10:22:45 AM:
>
>  > In my initial foray into Spamassassin (2.63 to start, V3 later), I
> am
>  > trying to get the spamc component linking sendmail and spamd to
> work. I
>  > have verified that the spamc->spamd  is working by running it
> manually
>  > on the command line. I have sendmail compiled with -DMILTER, but I
> seem
>  > to be having a problem getting sendmail to "startup" spamc when
> needed.
>  >
>  > Does anyone have a sample INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line from their
> 'working'
>  > sendmail config file(sendmail.mc) so I can check the syntax I am
> using?
>  > I was planning on using a unix socket file since I have that
> currently
>  > working from the command line.
>  >

> Which milter are you trying to use?  Spamc itself is not a milter.
>
> Andy

Dr. Robert Young
ALI Database Consultants
1151 Williams Dr
Aiken SC 29803
USA

WWW: http://www.aliconsultants.com
Tele: 1-803-648-5931
Toll free in US: 1-866-257-8970 Fax:1-803-641-0345
Email: rcyoung@aliconsultants.com
"Source of Rdb Controller, software for database analysis &
performance tuning"

Re: sendmail.mc entry for "spamc" milter

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com> wrote on 07/05/2005 10:22:45