Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz> on 2012/02/01 22:59:12 UTC

Re: CouchDB _bulk_docs allocating far more memory than needed?

On 27 January 2012 22:05, Shawn Chidester <sc...@attensity.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to post a single 150 MB document to my couchdb server.  The
> application that does the post usually has more than one document to post so it
> always uses _bulk_docs, even for one document.
>
> According to the crash message the couchdb server (or erlang) is tring to
> allocate 4 GB or memory for this 150 MB post.

Hi Shawn,

It may be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1258

What Erlang + Couch release are you running? On which platform?

The current git 1.2.x branch contains rnewson's fix. If you're able
to, try building from
source & test again. You will likely need just this doc, + the related
design docs for
views.

A+
Dave