Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/07/11 10:57:22 UTC

[VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Hi guys,

i just build,sign and upload the jspf release. I want to get it out
finally. Plz vote..

Source and binary can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~norman/jspf/downloads

Website can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~norman/jspf/

The Website is not 100 % complete but its a 0.9 ;-)

bye
Norman

Re: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
+1

Vincenzo

Re: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
+1 Stefano Bagnara

Imho we need this release so people will start testing it and we can
start integrating jspf support in james trunk.

RE: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> I thought that 0.x already show a beta status.

There are projects released out there that still haven't gotten to 1.0.  ;-)
Even a few within the ASF.  I would prefer to be clear to the user what
expectation they should have.

> 0.9b1 ?

Sure, why not.

	--- Noel

Re: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> And thank you for the build.xml.  :-)
>
> +1 if this is going to be labeled as a beta.
>
> 	--- Noel

I thought that 0.x already show a beta status.
Btw please tell us the exact versioning you will vote +1 ;-)

0.9b ?
0.9b1 ?

I'm not sure that beta is the best descriptor for this release. It has a
lot of unit tests and I expect we'll change major things like the
logging facade before the following release.

I still think that 0.9 would be better as is, and that we'll move to 1.0
(with betas and rcs) as soon as we'll have fixed bugs and defined the
final logging library.

Btw, I don't want to slow down this release as we need to make this in
order to have some people that test it, so I will be +1 for any label
you like, just write it ;-)

Stefano

Re: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
Am Dienstag, den 11.07.2006, 16:18 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > And thank you for the build.xml.  :-)
> >
> > +1 if this is going to be labeled as a beta.
> >
> > 	--- Noel
>
> I thought that 0.x already show a beta status.
> Btw please tell us the exact versioning you will vote +1 ;-)
>
> 0.9b ?
> 0.9b1 ?
>
> I'm not sure that beta is the best descriptor for this release. It has a
> lot of unit tests and I expect we'll change major things like the
> logging facade before the following release.
>
> I still think that 0.9 would be better as is, and that we'll move to 1.0
> (with betas and rcs) as soon as we'll have fixed bugs and defined the
> final logging library.
>
> Btw, I don't want to slow down this release as we need to make this in
> order to have some people that test it, so I will be +1 for any label
> you like, just write it ;-)
>
> Stefano

I fully agree with Stefano.. But like he said.. Tell me the label you
want and i will add it.

bye
Norman

RE: [VOTE] jSPF 0.9 Release