Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Paul D. Kraus" <pk...@pelsupply.com> on 2005/07/20 21:38:35 UTC

Apache::AuthCookie Setup

I am having a lot of difficulty getting this up and working. I know very
little about apace and mod-Perl. I am developing an internal site based
on html::mason.

Looking over the docs I can't figure out how to get up and running a
very simple test. From the test I can experiment and dig into the module.

Sorry for this very newbie question.

For my example and experimentation i have my doc root as /var/www/
I want anything under '/var/www/protected' to require authentication and
to cause the authentication check.

If someone could provide me with a sample http.conf file, the login
file/form, and a your logged in file it would help tremendously. I don't
want anything complicated as I am going to use this to expand on the
docs and integrate with my database later. so just a simple. user
name/password form that when submitted would then test a static user
name password in the auth check and then just display a static html or
even text page that says success.

I know this is asking a lot so I thank you in advance!!

I installed apache::authcookie from apt on debian and I can not find any
of the files that the docs mention under examples. real.t doesn't exist
and the "testing" suite is also non-existent.

Paul Kraus

Re: Apache::AuthCookie Setup

Posted by Michael Schout <ms...@gkg.net>.
Paul D. Kraus wrote:

> I installed apache::authcookie from apt on debian and I can not find any
> of the files that the docs mention under examples. real.t doesn't exist
> and the "testing" suite is also non-existent.

Sounds like your package does not include these files from the official
distribution.

Download the official distribution from CPAN at:

http://search.cpan.org/~mschout/Apache-AuthCookie-3.08/

The POD docs explain the httpd.conf settings, and there is a complete
working system written for the test environment.  See
t/conf/extra.conf.in, t/lib/Sample/AuthCookieHandler.*

Regards,
Michael Schout (AuthCookie maintainer)