Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Jayakumar.V" <ja...@uaeexchange.com> on 2005/04/19 14:44:11 UTC

FW: Indexing aborts in mid-process

Hi,

I need some clarification on the indexing process.

A process is initiated for indexing 1000 documents. If for some reason, the
process fails mid-way during the indexing activity, say while indexing the
501st document, what is the status of the index files? Does it commit after
each document is indexed or does it happen when the close() is invoked on
the writer object? Will the index files get corrupted?

If the commit happens after each document is added, then I need to keep
track of the documents that have been indexed so that I don't re-index a
document which has already been indexed.

Hope I was able to get thru' to you with my doubt & hoping to get a
clarification.

TIA

Jayakumar.V