Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "javi.lse" <ja...@lsespace.com> on 2013/12/12 00:41:56 UTC

Maven does not download the jar but it download the pom

I have been reading some question similar issue with downloading the jars but
none seem to be really related to my problem.

I am migrating a project from using Eclipse indigo SR2 runtime to use
eclipse Kepler SR1.

I had created one maven repository with the eclipse bundles that i needed
from indigo SR2 and everything was working fine.

Now, for the migration, i have created a new branch of my project for kepler
SR1. I have created a new repository for eclipse kepler SR1. The pom in the
branch for kepler SR1 is now pointing to the new repository and the
dependencies has been updated accordingly.

Using eclipse IDE indigo SR2 i work on the branch for indigo SR2 for
maintenance Using eclipse IDE kepler SR1 i work on the branch for kepler SR1
on new fetures for the future release.

At least that was the plan.

The issue is that when running mvn clean package -U (both from the command
line and within eclipse) on the kepler SR1 only the poms were downloaded but
not the jars. No matter what i try the jars would not get downloaded.

For trouble shooting i cleared the local maven repository. Then I run maven
on the kepler branch first, the jar were downloaded. However when after i
tried to run maven on the indigo sr2 project only the poms were downloaded.

So on a clean local repository, only the project on which maven is run first
will download both the jar and the poms and the other will only download the
poms

I have really run out of ideas, so i would apreaciate if somebody could
point me towards where the problem may be.

I tried with maven 3.0.4 and 3.0.5

Version range are not use in any of the poms, below is an extract of the
dependency definition.

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.emf.ecore</groupId>
  <artifactId>xmi</artifactId>
  <version>[2.9.1]</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.emf</groupId>
  <artifactId>edit</artifactId>
  <version>[2.9.0]</version>
</dependency>

cheers,

Re: Maven does not download the jar but it download the pom

Posted by "javi.lse" <ja...@lsespace.com>.
As i said in my messages the jars get downloaded for the first project
build, therefore there is not an issue with proxy. All jars can get
downloaded.

RE: Maven does not download the jar but it download the pom

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I am suspecting your binary transfers are being blocked by a Proxy between you and repo.maven.apache.org

try

wget http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/eclipse/emf/ecore/xmi/2.3.0-v200706262000/xmi-2.3.0-v200706262000.jar

?
Martin--

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 12 December 2013 10:11, javi.lse <ja...@lsespace.com> wrote:
> The issue is that when running mvn clean package -U (both from the command
> line and within eclipse) on the kepler SR1 only the poms were downloaded but
> not the jars. No matter what i try the jars would not get downloaded.

Did you try -X to see the debug information?

Re: Maven does not download the jar but it download the pom

Posted by Malte Skoruppa <sk...@cs.uni-saarland.de>.
Hi Javier,

> The issue is that when running mvn clean package -U (both from the command
> line and within eclipse) on the kepler SR1 only the poms were downloaded but
> not the jars. No matter what i try the jars would not get downloaded.
So does this mean that the mvn command fails because Maven refuses to
download the jars and therefore cannot package them in your über-jar?

As a quick&dirty workaround, you could just use two local repos, one for
the indigo and one for the kepler branch.
Then, for building you could respectively run either mvn clean package
-U -Dmaven.repo.local=/home/javier/.indigo_repo or mvn clean package -U
-Dmaven.repo.local=/home/javier/.kepler_repo (or similar).
This clearly does not solve the problem, but it may be a viable
workaround until a solution is found. Some people on this mailing list
will certainly be able to help you out :)

Cheers,

Malte