Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ahmed Radwan <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/07/09 02:30:29 UTC

MR-279 branch: Problem opening files on the namenode web console (need to pick patches from trunk to resolve)

Hello,

When using mrv2, I am seeing this error in the namenode web console when
trying to open any file in the browser:

Problem accessing /browseBlock.jsp. Reason:
   File does not exist: /
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getBlockLocationsInternal(FSNamesystem.java:862)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getBlockLocations(FSNamesystem.java:835)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getBlockLocations(FSNamesystem.java:800)
   at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.getBlockLocations(NameNode.java:775)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)

On the other side, files can be viewed normally using CLI.

Applying the patches from hdfs-1575 and hdfs-1964 (with very minor changes)
fixes this problem.

What is the plan with issues like that? Should we pick these patches as we
go or wait until we merge with trunk?

Thanks
Best Regards
Ahmed

Re: MR-279 branch: Problem opening files on the namenode web console (need to pick patches from trunk to resolve)

Posted by Ahmed Radwan <a....@gmail.com>.
Makes sense. let's wait to move to trunk hdfs and common.
Thanks Mahadev!

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
HI Amhed,