Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/30 15:50:27 UTC

[MERGE] UI for Explicit-Dedication of Resources(zone/pod/cluster/host)

Hi all,

I would like to merge UI support for Explicit Dedication of Resources( Zone/Pod/Cluster/Host) . The entire development has been done on my feature branch - [ asf/UI-explicitDedication ]

-Includes the following UI functionality -
1) Zone dedication at the time of its creation through the Zone Wizard ( dedicate zone either to a domain or a domain and an account)
2) Individual dedication of each resource( zone/pod/cluster/host)  to any domain/sub-domain/account after a zone has been created
3) Release dedication action items for reach resource( zone/pod/cluster/host) from any domain/sub-domain/account once a resource is dedicated which toggle between the dedicated action items if a resource is dedicated or not.

The current behavior of creating a private zone was based on unchecking the "ispublic" checkbox and then choosing a domain but now that has been removed and a dedicate checkbox has been introduced which will be unchecked by default which means that a user will end up creating a public zone . If he checks it , he needs to dedicate it to a domain/account .

-UI work done by: Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>>

FS: Please see FS for each subtask outlined on JIRA page - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-681  https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/dedicated-resources-private-zone-pod-cluster-host-functional-spec.html
Branch: ui-vpc-redesign
Unit tests: N/A (UI only)
RAT report ran successfully
Backend API support already available in asf/master

Thanks,
Pranav

RE: [MERGE] UI for Explicit-Dedication of Resources(zone/pod/cluster/host)

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
Sure Chip , no problems. I'll go ahead and merge my branch tomorrow  in that case and take up localization tasks thereafter.  Thanks for reviewing the code and your feedback.

Regards,
Pranav

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 01:50:27PM +0000, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to merge UI support for Explicit Dedication of Resources(
> Zone/Pod/Cluster/Host) . The entire development has been done on my
> feature branch - [ asf/UI-explicitDedication ]
>
> -Includes the following UI functionality -
> 1) Zone dedication at the time of its creation through the Zone Wizard
> ( dedicate zone either to a domain or a domain and an account)
> 2) Individual dedication of each resource( zone/pod/cluster/host)  to
> any domain/sub-domain/account after a zone has been created
> 3) Release dedication action items for reach resource( zone/pod/cluster/host) from any domain/sub-domain/account once a resource is dedicated which toggle between the dedicated action items if a resource is dedicated or not.
>
> The current behavior of creating a private zone was based on unchecking the "ispublic" checkbox and then choosing a domain but now that has been removed and a dedicate checkbox has been introduced which will be unchecked by default which means that a user will end up creating a public zone . If he checks it , he needs to dedicate it to a domain/account .
>
> -UI work done by: Pranav Saxena
> <pr...@citrix.com>>
>
> FS: Please see FS for each subtask outlined on JIRA page -
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/dedicated-resources-private-zone-p
> od-cluster-host-functional-spec.html
> Branch: ui-vpc-redesign
> Unit tests: N/A (UI only)
> RAT report ran successfully
> Backend API support already available in asf/master
>
> Thanks,
> Pranav

I ran:
git fetch origin
git checkout master
git diff origin/UI-explicitDedication...master

I think your branch is behind master quite a bit.  Can you please pull the latest from master and then let us know when done so it can be a clean diff for review?

Thanks!

Re: [MERGE] UI for Explicit-Dedication of Resources(zone/pod/cluster/host)

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.