Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/26 06:48:06 UTC

[VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience), namely:

1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)

2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)

[  ] +1 to all above
[  ] +/- 0
[  ] -1, which ones and why ...

You may ofcourse vote on each separately if necessary.

Vote will minimally stay open for 72 hours. Thanks.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org> wrote:
>> I understand the concern (though s/Thorsten/Torsten/).
>
> I have given up on correcting people.
> No idea why so many people believe it needs a "h" ;-)
>
> As for the matter... I am not keen on the move but - whatever.
> Is there a script to get the issue tracking migrated?

I think that technically the move will be to switch the svn over, and
move the websites.

Issue tracking can remain where it is in Bugzilla.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
> I understand the concern (though s/Thorsten/Torsten/).

I have given up on correcting people.
No idea why so many people believe it needs a "h" ;-)

As for the matter... I am not keen on the move but - whatever.
Is there a script to get the issue tracking migrated?

cheers,
Torsten

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Jochen Wiedmann
> <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience),
> namely:
> >>
> >> 1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
> >> 1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)
> >
> > -1    BCEL hasn't shown any meaningful signs of activity since ages
> > and even Thorsten Curdt has opined that it should be sent to the
> > attic.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> I understand the concern (though s/Thorsten/Torsten/). I think if BCEL
> is to survive, Commons is a great place with potential for new blood.
> As others have said, if it doesn't, we can mothball it from Commons.
>
> -Rahul

Yep, let Commons take it over, if it dies from there, then it's double dead
gone.

Gary

> >> 2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
> >> 2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
> >> 2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
> >> 2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)
> >
> > +1

Thank you,
Gary

http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
http://garygregory.com/
http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
+1
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 6/27/11 1:55 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2011-06-26, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>
>> This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience), namely:
>> 1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
>> 1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)
>> 2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
>> 2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
>> 2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
>> 2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)
>> [  ] +1 to all above
> +1
>
> If BCEL is as dead as feared we can always move it to the Attic later.

+1 to all and statement above.

Phil

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Votes to accept BCEL (1 and 1a) pass with 12 +1 votes and 1 -1 vote:

+1: luc, oheger, simonetripodi, sebb, ggregory, grobmeier, rgoers,
mbenson, bayard, joehni, bodewig, psteitz
-1: jochen (concern about activity, sufficiently addressed IMO)

Votes to accept JCS (2, 2a, 2b and 2c) pass with 13 +1 votes from:

luc, oheger, simonetripodi, sebb, ggregory, grobmeier, rgoers,
mbenson, bayard, joehni, jochen, bodewig, psteitz

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Next steps:
 * psteitz: commons += {dbrosius, asmuts, tv, seade} please.
 * once above folks have karma, will move the repos and sites (w/
redirects from j.a.o).

-Rahul

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1 to all

Ralph

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@scalaris.com>.
Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience),
> namely:
>
> 1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
> 1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)
>
> 2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
> 2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
> 2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
> 2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)

> [  ] +1 to all above

+1

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [VOTE] Accept BCEL and JCS as Commons components

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 26/06/2011 06:48, Rahul Akolkar a écrit :
> This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience), namely:
>
> 1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
> 1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)
>
> 2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
> 2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
> 2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
> 2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)

> [  ] +1 to all above

+1

Luc

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is half a dozen related votes in one thread (for convenience), namely:
>
> 1. Accept BCEL [1] as Commons component
> 1a. Grant Commons karma to Dave Brosius (dbrosius)
>
> 2. Accept JCS [2] as Commons component
> 2a. Grant Commons karma to Aaron Smuts (asmuts)
> 2b. Grant Commons karma to Thomas Vandahl (tv)
> 2c. Grant Commons karma to Scott Eade (seade)

> [ X ] +1 to all above
> [  ] -1, which ones and why ...

Matt