Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/06/28 21:02:34 UTC

Increase required Maven version to 2.0.9+

Hi,

Cocoon's trunk requires[1] version 2.0.6+ of Maven:
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>enforce-maven</id>
             <goals>
               <goal>enforce-once</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <rules>
                 <requireMavenVersion>
                   <version>[2.0.6,)</version>
                 </requireMavenVersion>
               </rules>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>

I would like to increase the required version to 2.0.9+ for several reasons:
1. Thanks to David's Legg efforts we switched to Archetype 2.0 Maven plug-in for blocks/webapp
creation process, see COCOON-2214[2]. The latest release of Aechetype requires 2.0.9.
2. There are fixes for several annoying bugs including those affecting us like infamous MNG-2782.
3. Since 2.0.9 or 2.0.8 (not sure really) Maven team has decided to lock up plug-in's default
versions. This is a really good idea and we should enforce it on our users in order to avoid
troubles that will hit our user's mailing list soon or later.

If there are no voice of objection I'll commit this change tomorrow.

[1] http://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/parent/pom.xml
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2214

--
Best regards,