Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@alaska.net> on 2003/10/02 03:58:28 UTC

documentation inconsistency: counter vs directive.foreach.counter

FROM http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/vtl-reference-guide.html:
counter.name = velocityCount
counter.initial.value = 0

FROM http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/user-guide.html#Loops:
directive.foreach.counter.name = velocityCount
directive.foreach.counter.initial.value = 1

Re: documentation inconsistency: counter vs directive.foreach.counter

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@alaska.net>.
Mike Kienenberger <mk...@alaska.net> wrote:
> FROM http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/vtl-reference-guide.html:
> counter.name = velocityCount
>
> counter.initial.value = 0
>
> FROM http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/user-guide.html#Loops:
> directive.foreach.counter.name = velocityCount
>
> directive.foreach.counter.initial.value = 1

My apologies.   I was researching this issue yesterday, using a compose
window as a scratch pad for a possible bug report/question, but didn't
finish.   I must have somehow hit send while shutting my system down last
night.

And now for some content: :-)

Searching the archives seems to show that the second form is the correct
form,

http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg06023.html

and that a bug report needs to be filed against vtl-reference-guide, which I
will do as soon as my bugtracker window fails to find an open bug on this
issue. (Or maybe not since I can't seem to query or log into the bug
tracker).