Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Yongcheng Li <Yo...@sas.com> on 2012/11/21 22:30:24 UTC

Coordinator Application Execution Notification

Hi,

Does Oozie provide an easy way to get notification through email about recurrent coordinator application execution? For example, I want to receive email notification when the coordination application starts and ends. If the application does not start at the start time, I want to be notified by email about the reason. The email when the application ends should include a brief summary of the workflow execution and a web link (Oozie web console) to view details.

To make this happen, it would be nice if I just need to add one or two properties in job.properties file, such as email address, notification when start or end or both.

By reading Oozie documentation, I see that I could use oozie.wf.workflow.notification.url to get notified about workflow job status change. But that seems to be too complicated to do what I need.

Thanks!

Yongcheng

Re: Coordinator Application Execution Notification

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Yongcheng Li,

You could use an email action at the beginning and end of your workflow.

Thx.

--
Alejandro