Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Sriram Srinivasaraghavan (srirsri2)" <sr...@cisco.com> on 2017/04/12 17:21:34 UTC

How to get metrics from Kafka?

Team,

I am new to Kafka.
I would like to know how to get general metrics to monitor a kafka cluster.
For ex:

1.      CPU, Memory details of individual brokers

2.      Number of messages produced by a Producer vs written to the broker.

3.      Number of messages consumed by the consumer vs lost

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Sriram S

Re: How to get metrics from Kafka?

Posted by Sachin Mittal <sj...@gmail.com>.
check this
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#monitoring

You can use any jmx client to hook up to the running server jvm.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/JMX+Reporters or use
jconsole.

I use https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/jmxterm+quickstart
and works well for me.