Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Marcantonio Rotta <ro...@kbw.ch> on 2003/02/06 17:55:02 UTC

Throw Exceptions from processRecord()

Hi there,

I'm using the EventModel in POI 1.8, and I'm wondering if
you guys could give HSSFListener.processRecord() the
ability to throw more Exceptions than just IOExceptions.
Because I'm parsing an Excel sheet, and I'd like to insert
the values into a Database through SQL while parsing.
In fact, it would be more comfortable to catch possible
SQLExceptions when I call
HSSFEventFactory.processEvents(HSSFRequest, InputStream);

Of course I could catch the SQLException inside
processRecord(), but I have a common Exception-Reporting
system for my servlet which I can't call from
processRecord().

What do you think? This would make the EventModel more
comfortable because then I don't have to store the values
into an Array or Vector for later processing with SQL.

POI is great work. Thank's for any suggestion