Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Jones <mj...@mosso.com> on 2007/11/13 21:43:07 UTC

Index/Query question

Hello all,

I am in the process of learning Solr (and the underlying Lucene
engine).  I have been unable to successfully implement the following
scenario, so I was hoping someone on the list might have some insight.

- I want to index data values for different data types (fields) that
are currently housed in a database.
- I want to search across the fields.
- I need (I think) to store the string representation (actual value)
AND a tokenized/parsed representation -- which is where I fall down.

Example:

I have an email address (user@domain.com), a database name
(55555_user_db), and a username (user).  Here is what I would like to
see happen (dynamic search as keys are typed) ..

1.  I enter 'user' and I get all three above in the search result.  I
can accomplish this today using the solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory.
2.  I then add '@' so I have 'user@', which I want to return only the
email address record.  However, this will not happen with
solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory, but I can get this result to work if
I only index it as a string.  But, then my search results for 'user'
will not return the database record.

Any thoughts?  Let me know if I need to clarify any points.

Thanks!
Marc