Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Isaac Hebsh <is...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/30 20:30:34 UTC

Re: Data duplication using Cloud+HDFS+Mirroring

Hi Greg, Did you get an answer?
I'm interested in the same question.

More generally, what are the benefits of HdfsDirectoryFactory, besides the
transparent restore of the shard contents in case of a disk failure, and
the ability to rebuild index using MR?
Is the next statement exact? blocks of a particular shard, which are
replicated to another node, will be never queried, since there is no solr
core configured to read them.