Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Annick Collet <An...@eumetsat.int> on 2005/11/21 15:45:21 UTC

Subversion Hook to enforce a bug ID in the log commit message

Dear all,

I'm looking for example of pre-commit hook to enforce a bug ID to be
entered in the log msg when performing a commit in a repository.

Thanks, Ann.

Re: Subversion Hook to enforce a bug ID in the log commit message

Posted by Chris Jensen <cj...@edex.com.au>.
> I'm looking for example of pre-commit hook to enforce a bug ID to be
> entered in the log msg when performing a commit in a repository.

Off the top of my head, how about something like

REPOS="$1"
TXN="$2"

$SVNLOOK log -t "$TXN" "$REPOS" | \
   egrep -iq "bug \#[0-9]" || echo "No bug id" && exit 1

This will abort unless the log message contains something like "bug #5"

Chris

Chris Jensen cjensen@edex.com.au

Educational Experience (Australia)
Postal Address: PO Box 860, Newcastle NSW 2300
Freecall:       1-800-025 270      International: +61-2-4923 8222
Fax:            (02) 4942 1991     International: +61-2-4942 1991

Visit our online Toy store! http://www.toysandmore.com.au/