Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mountazar Abou Chrouche <ma...@byblosbank.com.lb> on 2021/11/04 09:04:31 UTC

SMPP logging submitted request PDU

Dear sirs,

We are using Apache Camel SMPP component as a client and we need to log the request PDU octets to log4j.

We enabled the log4j logging at Camel level using "log4j.logger.org.apache.camel.component.smpp=DEBUG". this increased the logging traces but the PDU request is still not logged.

We found that the embedded jSMPP library is the one that logs the PDU request.

We are not succeeding in forcing the built-in jSMPP library to trace to log4j.

Kindly advise,

Thanks and regards,

MOUNTAZAR ABOU CHROUCHE

Re: SMPP logging submitted request PDU

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Have you tried contacting the jSMPP project and ask for their help / advice?
And you can look in their source code what it is logging (if any) and
also what it may take to add such logging.
And then suggest them to add such functionality.

You can also look in the camel component if there is anything there
that can be done to log some useful information.

--
Claus Ibsen