Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Svrankovic11 <sv...@protonmail.com.INVALID> on 2021/08/03 20:06:34 UTC

how to enable AMQP 1.0 and 0-10 for Qpid C++ broker

Hi,

I would like to connect to Qpid C++ broker 1.39.0 using different clients that run AMQP 1.0 and 0-10. How can I turn on both protocol versions for Qpid C++ Broker?

Thanks for your help.

svran

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: how to enable AMQP 1.0 and 0-10 for Qpid C++ broker

Posted by "EXT-Walsh, Jody R" <Jo...@boeing.com>.
Build qpid-proton and qpid-cpp, using the same install prefix for both. Then, qpid-cpp will find proton, and build the shared library amqp.so.

In your qpidd.conf file, you will need to tell qpidd to load the amqp module.
Simple example of contents of qpidd.conf:

auth=no
load-module=lib64/qpid/daemon/amqp.so
log-enable=debug+
log-to-stderr=yes

On the client side, you will need to add the module to qpidc.conf.

load-module<absolute path>/qpid/daemon/amqp.so
protocol-defaults=amqp1.0,amqp0-10

The load-module tells it to load the amqp 1.0 shared lib. The protocol-defaults tells the client to default to amqp1.0.

I hope that helps.

EXT email: be mindful of links/attachments.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 9:15 PM Svrankovic11 <sv...@protonmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> I would like to connect to Qpid C++ broker 1.39.0 using different clients that run AMQP 1.0 and 0-10. How can I turn on both protocol versions for Qpid C++ Broker?

0-10 is always on, whether you want it or not
1.0 is built as a plugin; to build it you need to have qpid proton

Re: how to enable AMQP 1.0 and 0-10 for Qpid C++ broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.