Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/18 13:59:02 UTC

Arrow sync at 16:00 UTC (12pm US/Eastern) today

Could someone post a hangout/Google Meet link capable of hosting more
than 10 participants?

Thanks

Re: Arrow sync at 16:00 UTC (12pm US/Eastern) today

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Short call today, notes on attendees and topics:

- Wes (Two Sigma)
  - Release management
  - 0.8.0 release
- Jacques (Dremio)
- Heimir Sverrisson (Mojotech)
  - Docker testing for Dask
- Clark Fitzgerald (UC Davis)
- Sidd (Dremio)
  - ARROW-1463 update
- Li (Two Sigma)
- Bryan Cutler (IBM)
- Phillip Cloud (Two Sigma)
- Kevin Moore (Quilt Data)

- 0.8.0
  - Timeline week of 11/6 or 11/13 at latest

- Release management
  - Find new release manager for 0.8.0
  - Streamlining post-release packaging and updates
  - JIRA-izing release automation tasks
  - Wes to start DISCUSS thread re: JIRAs

- GRPC
  - Flatbuffers, zero copy in C++, in Java?
  - Nong Li, Jacques been looking into this

- Java refactor
  - Shooting for completing next stage of work by end of this week
  - Integration testing with Dremio
    - Open JIRA about adding Docker test setup
  - Large patch size -- replacing code generation with real code
    - Lack of Java templates
  - +1 from Jacques, Bryan, Li

- Decimal
  - Continue discussion on mailing list
  - Big endian vs. little endian representation, which is better?
  - Needs to land in Arrow 0.8.0 and be well supported for Spark 2.3.0

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Meinel <mm...@levyx.com>.
freeconferencecall.com works well for my startup. Up to 1000 callers I think.

Sent from my iPhone

--

Levyx | 49 Discovery, Suite #220 | Irvine, CA 92618 | www.levyx.com

If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; copying this message or disclosing its
contents to anyone is strictly prohibited.