Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/08/01 06:05:30 UTC

Re: Tomcat and Acces Control Lists

You'll need to modify your web.xml file to add <security-constraint>s.  I'd
suggest picking up a Servlet and/or Tomcat book (the wrox one seems to be
popular on the list, but I've never read it).

"Sandy Voellinger" <sa...@leros.net> wrote in message
I am fairly new to Tomcat and am trying to set up control lists for
authentication.  I have a site that is mostly static content, .htm and
.doc files, but we want to secure them with basic authentication.  Ex.
Log into site and access is granted to specified directories/files.  The
key for us is that it must challenge each time the user comes back, so
if they bookmark a page, it will require them to authenticate before
they are granted access.  Can any provide information on how to set up
the ACL's and any other suggestions to help me out?

Thanks !
Sandy
Sandy Voellinger
Systems Administrator