Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Parag Shah <ps...@proofpoint.com> on 2014/11/17 23:51:21 UTC

Large Messages

Hi all,

    I am fairly new to Kafka and need some general advice on handling large messages. My message sizes range from 20k – 10M, with most of my messages upto 250K, with some messages ranging in sizes up to 20M.

    I am wondering if there is some kind of streaming support in Kafka. I have read the recommendation about manually chunking the message and reassembling it at the processing end(server). I was wondering if there is a better solution for this concern.

Regards
Parag

Re: Large Messages

Posted by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com>.
You can see the compression options.

To change the size the property to look for is related to
message.max.bytes.