Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Oron Subayi <or...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/30 06:44:33 UTC

[Java] Migration From Eclipse Questions

Hi : )

Trying to migrate from Eclipse for my work environment, but there are 2
things I have in Eclipse that I can't find in NetBeans:
1. Different run configuration with different projects
2. Equivalent to Eclipse's "External Tools" - Variables that can be used as
arguments like ${workspace_loc} - See
https://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fconcepts-exttools.htm

For 1:
In Eclipse we have same project with multiple application configurations -
So basically different Java applications for the same project, but the
difference is that one application has more projects on its source in class
path
Noticed that NetBeans has some capabilities, but I don't find a way to say
that for one run configuration use the defaults, but for the other I want
you to add more projects to the execution [run & debug]
Is this possible?

Thanks! : )

Re: [Java] Migration From Eclipse Questions

Posted by Oron Subayi <or...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for replying Laszlo
I think I need to elaborate a bit, since I think I described something wrong - Not an expert on these things : /
So what I see [that is what I think I got wrong] is that the other projects were added under "classpath" tab in the Java application and not under the "source" tab
In addition, I see multiple .launch files in the project, one for each application configuration

The thing here is that these files + pom.xml are tracked by Git and even if I change it to work on NetBeans [no idea how btw..any tutorial? LOL], I will probably have to maintain this locally while pulling from the repository, in case pom has changed

I wonder if this is how companies do that [by having more profiles in pom.xml] or there is something similar to .launch files in Eclipse but in NetBeans, that seems to separate the maven part from the actual Java applications - kind of

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi!