Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Xavier Lawrence <xl...@jahia.com> on 2005/01/18 17:47:08 UTC

login portlet and tomcat-users.xml

Hi,

How could I configure Jetspeed-2 so the login portlet can use login
details given in tomcat-users.xml ???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Xavier

Re: login portlet and tomcat-users.xml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Xavier Lawrence wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How could I configure Jetspeed-2 so the login portlet can use login
> details given in tomcat-users.xml ???
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Regards
>
> Xavier

see login.conf under the security component:

Jetspeed {
    org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.DefaultLoginModule required
debug=true;
};

and org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AuthenticationProviderImpl,
which ultimately does:

System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config",loginConfigUrl.toString());

to set the Java Security login module.

To make use of Tomcat's login module, I wanted to suggest simply
removing the authentication provider from the Spring configuration and
letting Tomcat handle login via the login portlet calling Tomcat's login
module (you would need to configure that in Tomcat).

However Im seeing some couplings between the SecurityProvider,
GroupManager, RoleManager, and UserManager and the authentication
provider. Thus I recommend writing a new Authentication Provider that
does not override the login module but simply aggregates the needed
handlers.

Im also looking into enhancing the authentication provider this week.
See issue http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-173
I still haven't come up with a good solution for that one, but I will be
working in this area,

(note this is probably better discussed on jetspeed-dev)

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: login portlet and tomcat-users.xml

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
You can't.
Jetspeed-2 currently only supports database based authentication.
Recently a group of users started to investigate how to provide LDAP
authorization as well: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-188.
Some part of LDAP integration is already written but it isn't complete yet.
Providing xml registry based authorization (like using the tomcat-users.xml)
isn't planned however.
The authorization scheme needed by Jetspeed-2 is also far more advanced than
can be provided by a simple tomcat-users.xml definition.

Posted by Xavier Lawrence <xl...@jahia.com>.
Hi,

How could I configure Jetspeed-2 so the login portlet can use login
details given in tomcat-users.xml ???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Xavier

--
---------=[ xlawrence at jahia dot com ]=---------
Jahia : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server