Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Soyer, Muhammed A." <MS...@MICROS.COM> on 2008/09/11 19:10:55 UTC

WS-Security with WSDL file that doesn't contain the policies

Hi,
  I have a WSDL file which doesn't have the security policies in it. But the server requires me to include the WSSE headers. They are using WSE3 on .Net at the server side.
I am trying with rampart and confused about the possibility of achieving this with the WSDL file without the policies.
Is it possible?

I am using axis 1.4.1 and rampart 1.4

Thanks

RE: WS-Security with WSDL file that doesn't contain the policies

Posted by "Soyer, Muhammed A." <MS...@MICROS.COM>.
IS it possible to figure out something from a sample header?
What is binarySecurityToken ? Is it something custom or a generic thing?

Thanks

<wsu:Timestamp wsu:Id="Timestamp-172be5bd-07e8-42e3-b4a8-07c13b9f7013">
      <wsu:Created>2008-09-03T12:30:09Z</wsu:Created>
      <wsu:Expires>2008-09-03T12:30:39Z</wsu:Expires>
    </wsu:Timestamp>
    <wsse:Security xmlns:wsse="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd">
      <wsse:BinarySecurityToken ValueType="NGX-SecurityToken-Value" EncodingType="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-security-1.0#Base64Binary" xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd" wsu:Id="SecurityToken-5aec1e4b-e2ad-43e9-903e-40519d328f9a">VILLfdssM027/jJb+iaYGg+M82bLdH1CkcT0yr3rkh0RAAAAAAAAAG4XXx6W1LJNglfYnWWkuck=</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
    </wsse:Security>

If the WSDL does not advertise the policy then you will have speak to the guys who host the service and get the required security configurations. ;). There is no other way that you will know what to send to the other end. Its better if they can give you the security configuration as a policy file.

Thanks,
Keith.

--
Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

RE: WS-Security with WSDL file that doesn't contain the policies

Posted by "Soyer, Muhammed A." <MS...@MICROS.COM>.
Hi Nandana,
  Thanks for your answers. By STS do you mean the web service that I will call to authenticate? If so ,that part is clear for me . I need to pass the the username and password to that service and it returns me the security token and user id back ..
Then I need to build the binarySecurityToken using these values. Is there any document that you can suggest for WS-Trust?
  The other thing , instead of dealing with all these details I tried to building the soap headers manually and it worked fine. I mean I am creating the OMElements and adding them to the client using addHeader method of it.
Is this something suggestible? Should I avoid building the WS-Security and WS-Addressing headers manually?

Thanks

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Soyer,

Posted by "Soyer, Muhammed A." <MS...@MICROS.COM>.