Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tony Giaccone <tg...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/16 00:17:47 UTC

mavenium

I'm trying to use the mavenium plugin with my pom.xml. I followed the
instructions as best I could from the mavenium web site. I downloaded a jar
file, which I believe is version 0.2 from source forge.

I executed the following command:

First I changed the name from: mavenium.0.2.jar to mavenium.jar

Then from the same directory I executed :

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.agilepirates
-DartifactId=mavenium -Dversion=0.2 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin
-Dfile=./mavenium.jar

That  put the jar file into my local repository.  I checked it's there.

The pom.xml file of the project has this stanza in it:

          <plugin>
              <groupId>com.agilepirates</groupId>
            <artifactId>mavenium</artifactId>
            <version>0.2</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>launch-selenium</goal>
                         <goal>validate-selenium-tests</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
          </plugin>

When I go to run maven it can't seem to find the plugin.

This is what shows up:

url = https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/central
Downloading:
https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/central/com/agilepirates/mavenium/0.2/mavenium-0.2.pom
url = https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/releases
Downloading:
https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/releases/com/agilepirates/mavenium/0.2/mavenium-0.2.pom
url = https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty
Downloading:
https://our.local.repo/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty/com/agilepirates/mavenium/0.2/mavenium-0.2.pom

Which is our local repository (name removed for security reasons).

It doesn't seem to look in the local m2 repository and there is no
mavenium-0.2.pom file there even if it did.

I'm a little confused, can someone shed some light on this and let me know
what I'm missing?

Tony

Re: mavenium

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
I didn't think about only getting the pom. You won't find the pom in
your local repository or remote repositories, but you always could get
it here:

https://mavenium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mavenium/tags/mavenium-0.2/pom.xml

With the pom file you can use the install:install-file command.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.
Claus Sluterweg 125
2012 WS Haarlem
www.iprofs.nl

RE: mavenium

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
--save the maven pom

Re: mavenium

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
I don't know why the install with file doesn't work, but as a work
around, you could try to compile the plugin yourself by checking out
the code and running 'mvn install' on it.

Checkout:

svn checkout https://mavenium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mavenium/trunk
mavenium

or the tag: