Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Paul Todd <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/20 07:26:53 UTC

ID Broker and mssql

Hello,
   I am trying to set up the tdk (latest avail) with MSSQL. I have it
working fine with MySql but I need to run MSSQL for this application.  How
do I default usage to the ID broker? I thought it was on by default. It
doesn't seem to generate an id for table inserts. I haven't found clear
documentation/ or mail list info.
  I am using the inet sprinta2000 driver (type 4 jdbc). The tables are
created fine using sybase templates, and DBMSSQL.class
  However I need an id generated, and it is inserting a null value for
USER_ID in the case of adding a new user via the flux interface. Alt, i've
tried using autoincrementing identites for those fields, but the actual SQL
query is trying to insert a null, where it shouldn't put anything, for the
ID field and it throws and exception.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Re: ID Broker and mssql

Posted by "Frank W. Nolden" <fr...@maxware.nl>.
Did you specify the idMethod in the table definition *and* the autoincrement parameter for the table definition? Please see the following example:

- <table name="CIF" idMethod="autoincrement">
  <column name="CIF_ID" required="true" autoIncrement="true"
primaryKey="true" type="BIGINT" />
  <column name="CIF_Name" required="true" size="50" type="VARCHAR" />
  <column name="CIF_Creation_Date" required="true" type="TIMESTAMP" />
  <column name="CIF_Created_By" required="true" size="50" type="VARCHAR" />
  <column name="CIF_Modification_Date" required="false" type="TIMESTAMP" />
  <column name="CIF_Modified_By" required="false" size="50" type="VARCHAR"
/>
  <column name="CIF_Deletion_Date" required="false" type="TIMESTAMP" />
  <column name="CIF_Deleted_By" required="false" size="50" type="VARCHAR" />
  <column name="CIF_Type" required="true" size="50" type="VARCHAR" />
  <column name="CIF_Description" required="false" size="255" type="VARCHAR"
/>
  <column name="CIF_Short_Name" required="false" size="50" type="VARCHAR" />
  <column name="CIF_Hash" required="true" size="32" type="VARCHAR" />

Regards,

Frank

Re: ID Broker and mssql

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.